Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Hard year, hard truths?

Lets face it, not everyone will look back at 2014 fondly. Take Billy Graham's reader ZK for example...
 Q: I can't wait for this year to end. It's just been one problem after another -- family sickness, a couple of deaths, financial issues, you name it. I begged God to solve them, but nothing happened. Where was God in all this? -- Z.K.
This is a common question that many believers often answer with the terrible non-answer of God 'working in mysterious ways.'
A: The most important thing I can tell you is that God knew what was going on in your life, and He deeply cared about you, even if it didn't seem like it at the time.
For someone who supposedly cares, he sure has a funny way of showing it. I can just see all the love in what ZK has dealt with in 2014, can't you...?
Frankly, I wish I knew why God allows hard times to come to us, but I don't -- not fully.
Do you now Billy? Because it doesn't sound that way so far.
What I do know is that evil is real, and sometimes it seems to gain the upper hand, at least for a time.
It gains an upper hand? God is supposed to be all-powerful though, so the only way evil can gain an upper hand is if God lets it.
I also know that God knows all about evil and suffering...
Well he did create evil according to the Bible, so I sure hope he knows about it! 

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
-Isaiah 45:7
When hard times come we can do one of two things: We can either become bitter and turn against God, or we can turn in faith to Him, and find in Him the strength and hope we need. Which will it be for you?
Or you could realize that those aren't the only two options and find strength in yourself and those you love. God is not needed to find strength no matter what Billy thinks.


-Brain Hulk

Please share, subscribe, comment and follow us on your favorite social networking sites!
facebook | google+ | twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment