Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Salvation lost

Once a believer always a believer? Can one be disowned by God? RJ wants to know and decided to ask Billy Graham about it...
Q: Can you lose your salvation once you've honestly committed your life to Jesus? A friend of mine says you can, and another says you can't. This bothers me, because I sincerely believe in Jesus, but I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and maybe lose it all. -- R.J
Salvation? Lose it? I haven't even seen proof that it exists yet... I'd be more concerned about that part of the equation first!
A: I don't doubt the sincerity of your friend who believes we can lose our salvation if we sin after we've given our lives to Christ, but I respectfully disagree. Jesus said, "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away" (John 6:37).
Really? So that means that Billy is in favor of just letting the majority of American atheists be then?
Think of it this way. When a child is born, he or she becomes part of a family. Even if they rebel or do something wrong, they're still a member of that family, and nothing can ever end that relationship. And when we come to Christ, we become members of a new family -- the family of God. We are now His children, and just as an earthly child will always be part of their family, so we will always be part of Christ's family -- even if we sin and turn away from Him for a time.
Then why are so many believers concerned with converting or saving atheists then? You see I, like a great many atheists, once believed. There was once a time in my life when I had no doubts that my Bible studies were teaching me the truth. I'd pray every night, think about God, ask him for help... I well and truly believed. And I'm not alone. The atheist ranks are full of former believers, evangelists, missionaries, those studying to become clergy and even pastors.

When some believers find that an atheist once believed, we are usually met with accusations or attempts to convert us. But according to Billy there is no need. He claims that former believers like myself are still saved. To that I will now simply say to those knocking on my door, you can just skip our house and leave us alone.


-Brain Hulk

Please share, subscribe, comment and follow us on your favorite social networking sites!
facebook | google+ | twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment